Gardens of Time has been confirmed as the most played game on Facebook in 2012 as the social network releases their top ten list.
The game is one of those annoyingly frustrating hidden object games. It says “use your time machine to locate hidden objects throughout history”.
It is produced by Playdom and is their only game in the top ten. Zynga have five games in the list but their most famous title Farmville is gone.
The Sims social is in second place followed by Cityville in third, DoubledDown casino in fourth and a game I might give a try Indiana Jones Adventure World in fifth.
Facebook Games – two words that are great on their own but when put together drive dread into the heart of anyone who doesn’t play them.
I like Facebook, it is a great tool for staying in touch with family, friends and as a new music DJ – new bands and solo acts.
I like games, there is nothing like sitting back on the sofa with a Playstation 3 controller in hand or an iPad 2.
I even to a certain extent like Facebook Games – as long as you keep the gaming activity to yourself – the problem comes when you feel the desire to bombard me with requests and updates.
I play The Sims and Civilization on Facebook, just not very well because I refuse to allow it to post to my wall or contact any of my friends – that isn’t social it is ANTI-SOCIAL – very very ANTI-SOCIAL.
Facebook looks at games with the highest user satisfaction scores, active users and more than 100,000 monthly active users when creating the list.
Most popular games in 2011
- Gardens of Time (By Playdom)
- The Sims Social (By EA)
- Cityville (By Zynga)
- DoubleDown Casino (by DoubleDown Interactive)
- Indiana Jones Adventure World (By Zynga)
- Words With Friends (By Zynga)
- Bingo Blitz (By Buffalo Studios)
- Empires & Allies (By Zynga)
- Slotomania-Slot Machines (By Playtika)
- Diamond Dash (By wooga)
- Approaching IPO Day, Zynga Now Has The Top Five Games On Facebook (techcrunch.com)
- The Sims Unsocial (chris-bradley.org)
- The Most Popular Facebook Game Of 2011 Was Not From Zynga (businessinsider.com)
- Facebook Announces Top 2011 Games (insidesocialgames.com)
- Facebook Announces Top 2011 Games (insidefacebook.com)