OK so I just witnessed something a bit weird – the opening up and first postings of what will soon become one of the highest profile Twitter accounts.
It’s great that @Wossy (Jonathan Ross) and @ (Stephen Fry) and even @ (Robert Llewellyn) are on Twitter but now that @rustyrockets (Russell Brand) has joined the BritTwit fellowship – things are going to go mental.
I watched Jonathan Ross post at around 10.25pm “russell now has proper twitter account ! Would you like his name ?” which was quickly followed by “@rustyrockets” three minutes later.
Between that moment, which was quickly followed by this post from @rustyrockets “i have come to join you pleas be gentle with me as ive been feeling vulnerable… yet implausibly, sexy” and now – he went from 0 to 1700 followers.
It seems to have settled down a little bit now but at one point – a refresh every second saw an extra 20 or 30 followers.
There’s even a TwitPic from @Wossy – I guess Russell was at his house. Oh and “Hello Daily Mail Hack searching for Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand in the hope of finding another pointless story”.
Is Twitter really for old people? OK so I’m now in my late twenties – so what are the, oh god I can’t believe I’m about to post this but, what ARE the kids using nowadays?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Stephen Fry and Jonathan Ross set Twitter alight
- Twitter Makes BBC1 with @wossy and @stephenfry
- Does mainstream media really boost Twitter followers?
- Stephen Fry Appreciation Monday – Friday night with Jonathan Ross
- Jumping Twitter?
- Jonathan Ross comeback lights up Twitter
- Ross apologises on TV show return
- TV ratings – 23 January: Jonathan Ross’s return watched by 5m
- Where is Twitter on the tech adoption lifecycle?
- Russell Brand on Twitter, Phillip Schofield on Twitter, Dave Gorman on Twitter, even Andi Peters on Twitter – UK celebrity Twitter usage explodes!
- Russell Brand joins Twitter – mass swoon follows
- Clarkson on Twitter?