I’m now back @upyourego on Twitter – thanks to the people at Twitter for fixing it.
Out of date
I’m not one for going big on the whole posting about what I’ve already posted on twitter but instead doing it more comprehensively on my blog.
I’m actually more likely to do it the other way around – I’ll write something on my blog and then post a link and a few details to Twitter.
However, I’ve not been doing much in the way of personal postings to Twitter for a while – in fact its since just after the whole Twitter hacky takedown thing a month or so ago.
I first signed up for Twitter while it was in invite only beta – according to Twitterholic that was 32 months ago but I’m sure it was November not February – either way I’ve been using it a while.
Someone or more likely some machine posted a spam message to my Twitter account @upyourego (I won’t bother linking as it doesn’t work anymore) and since then my account has been suspended.
I’ve been told by Twitter I can have it back as I changed my password and removed all rights I’d given to third parties – but I still haven’t got it back and nobody bothers replying to me any more.
So I’ve set up a new twitter account @musicego that I guess I’ll have to build a following at again – I was up to 600 on @upyourego before I was locked out by Twitter.
So that’s why I’ve been quiet on Twitter for so long.
Of course if anyone from Twitter does read this post – PLEASE free the @upyourego one
Related articles by Zemanta
- Geek Tip: Report Shady Twitter Accounts to @spam (geeksugar.com)
- Annoying Spam Filters (sciencetext.com)
- the spambots on twitter are completely out of control (wilwheaton.typepad.com)
- Twitter’s Ghost In The Machine (socialmediatoday.com)
- Digg Starts Nofollow-ing Links That It Doesn’t Trust (techcrunch.com)
- Twitter tops BBC for monthly traffic, while BBC Online click-throughs exceed 10m (blogs.journalism.co.uk)
- What Would Yoda Tweet? #wwtt (blonde2dot0.com)
- Don’t Make Your Twitter Just a Twitter (slyvisions.com)
- There will be Tweeting…oh yes, there will be Tweeting (nashvillegab.com)
- Twitter warns that TwitViewer is a phishing scam (inquisitr.com)